Re: rotary spark gap

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Cydesho-at-aol-dot-com>

After reading some replies about my variable rotary spark gap idea, I decided
I should probably just go with a synchronous motor. I have several 1725 rpm
motors sitting around in my yard, so I thought I'd take a look at one just to
get some idea what I'd have to do to convert it into a synchronous motor. All
I discovered was that it is quite difficult to take the rotor out of the
motor without destroying the thing. Luckily I tried opening up a motor that
didn't work anyway, so there was no big loss. Does someone have detailed
instructions on how to convert a regular motor into a synchronous motor? Any
tips anyone can give me for opening the thing up properly would be greatly
appreciated.
                                    Justin