Re: sync motor :-( update_2

Hi Jonathon,

>At 11:31 PM 7/28/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>In a message dated 7/28/01 11:16:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:
>

>People Have said use a variac. Is that necessary to get the voltage jsut
>right? Not for phase shifting, just to get it to sync.

No. Not at all.  The motor should easily sync from 80 to 140 VAC so no
variac is needed at all.  It "should" easily sync up just of the 120VAC
wall outlet.

>I know, I was hoping this would be easy...

I should be easy, but something strange is going on here.

If this motor is reversible or has connections in it that can be moved
around (like the wires under the AC input plate) I wonder if one of those
wire is connected wrong.  Is it possible some wire or connection is on wrong?

Is there any chance it is psyching up and working fine but the RPM meter or
strobe disk test was wrong in any way?

I am running out of ideas...

Cheers,

	Terry