Re: Sync Motor :-( update_3

Hi jonathon,

At 10:41 PM 7/29/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Ok, everyone, I'd immagine you are getting sick of this thread, just as much
>as I am ;-)

Not me, I like figuring out good mysteries :-))

>I checked all the wiring and It appears to be fine. I also made a schematic
>and put it on my web page:
>
>hot-streamer-dot-com/jonathon/schematics/motor1.jpg
>
>I am pretty sure that "??" is a cap. Please tell me if that doesn't look
>right.

If it is a litle about 1 inch diameter round plastic/metal thing on the
motor case, it is probably a thermal switch that turns off the motor if it
overheats.

>I did what Terry said and cut a disk of paper, half black, half white, taped
>it on, and checked for sync, with two flourecent lights. Both of them showed
>that it was definitly NOT in sync. I couldn't tell by sound, because I have
>never experienced that phenomina :-\   Before I decide to ship it to Terry, I
>am going to run one last test. My dad is going to try to borrow strobe-based
>RPM meter from work. This will show if it is in sync or not.

Neat.  It sure sounds like it is not in sync...  Sounds like your testing
is correct...

Sounds like we are at about the point of sending it here and using higher
power test equipment on the thing to see what in the world could be wrong...

Cheers,

	Terry