Re: sync motor :-( update_1

Hi Jonathan,

I can't for the life of me understand why the motor is syncing from the
information
you've given. I think Terry made two excellent suggestions, checking with a
black/white strobe and if that test fails, sending it to Terry for testing.

As mentioned, my motor is very similar. My motor does have a start cap
(located on
the side of the motor inside a housing), a fan blade attached to the rear
of the
motor shaft, and can be wired for 120 or 240. I have it wired for 120. If
there is a
model plate attached, check for a wiring diagram to ensure it isn't wired
for 240
(if your supplying 120) or vise-versa.

Take care,
Bart