Re: ASYNC RSG RPM

HI Steve,
          An idea which has a wide range of applicability (and which,
as usual, I haven't got around to trying to my eternal lament) is to
use an optical fibre to safely couple an optical signal to some well
shielded electronics located a safe distance away from the doings.
A number of uses for coupled optics have suggested themselves (Terry
already makes excellent use of one for V measurements): monitoring
gap position and using the gap generated light to shut a switchmode
cap charger down for the duration of primary dwell being among them.

     What exactly are you interested in observing - gap electrode
position vs mains waveform or something else?

Regards,
Malcolm

On 29 Jul 01, at 22:27, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "S & J Young by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<youngs-at-konnections-dot-net>