sec input impedance

Original poster: "Jan Wagner by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jwagner-at-cc.hut.fi>

Hi,

after quite some pause, I finally got around to carry on with my solid
state TC project.

My question now: how do you calculate the TC secondary input/base
impedance, for an unloaded seconday coil? Ok measuring some arbitary
coils might be easy, but I'd like to get the height&diameter&turns
values so I could make a coil of driver matching impedance, without
trial and error.

To get the simplest estimate of the input impedance, is it just the AC
resistance of the coil?

I've some tables with AWG# vs. AC/DC resistance ratios. My thinking is
that 1) calculate dimensions for wanted f_res with given wire AWG#, 2)
calculate DC resistance from total wire length, 3) calculate AC
resistance with help of table. Ok the table is valid only for straigt
conductors, but any ideas if the calculated value is still "in range"
(+-10%?) of actual AC resistance? Anyone done this before or know if
this is totally wrong?

many thanks!

 - Jan