Re: Fanciful spark-augmenter

Original poster: "Kennan C Herrick by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <kcha1-at-juno-dot-com>

Further on the question, raised by Scott Fulks, on the Q of 5T of wire on
a 12"-dia form paralleled with a .03-.07 uF capacitor:  When I measured a
Q of 18 or so, I had had the capacitor connected via a twisted-together
pair of 12" clip-leads.  Not so good, apparently, since when I removed
those leads and connected the capacitor directly at the coil-ends I got a
Q of 42.  No doubt I could do even better with other than plain old 12
ga. house-wire and a junk-box capacitor.

Ken Herrick
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno-dot-com/get/tagj.