Re: Calling all midwest Coilers!!

>Original poster: "Jason Johnson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><hvjjohnson13-at-hotmail-dot-com>
>
>The Geek Group is hosting the first MIchigan teslathon. If you live
>anywhere in
>the midwestern US and can get to Kalamazoo MI on June 30 you are encouraged
>come.

Kalamazoo MI is the junction of I-94 and US-131, about 45 minutes south of
Grand Rapids.

You can bring your tesla coil if you have one or if you don't you can
>just show up and see alot of neat stuff.

All of the Group projects will be on display. Sam, Thumper, Gemini,
Prometheous, All the Geekmobiles, the Luges, The Geek Amp, Copernicus,
Ptolemy, etc........

Any one associated with the group is
>very welcome to attend.

There are several dozen people out there in this part of the US who have
been members for monets (or even years) that I have never met. Terry? Matt
D.?

If your interested then EMAIL CHRIS
><mailto:chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com . Tell him you want
>come and what you want to bring etc.

I would really like to have a rough idea of what your coil is and such. This
way I can assign space, power, grounding, etc..

He is supposed to be getting all the misc.
>details worked out right now.

Working on it, if you have any questions let me know. I'm new to this, but
learning fast.

Everyone that can show up should also give a hand
>to the group, either donate some stuff (useful electronics, high voltage
>stuff,
>they'll take just about anything thats more advanced than a toaster, and
>put it
>to good use too), or some money, and/or buy a shirt! Buy an MMC!

lol, you know the drill.

The group has
>all the space/power that you could want to run a whole mess of tesla coils!

We are clearing out enough space for 20 coils our size, we have lots of
space all over the complex, we could even fit the 13M outside (if Mr. Wysock
wanted some East coast PR :) ) but there's no way we could afford it. Coils
in the MTC-1 size range may have to be run outside, or in the VSL, but I'm
sure either one would work.

>Plus you can check out all the group's other neat high voltage projects!

We have a bunch of interesitng things to see, and tinker with. I can only
imagine what Mr. Frau could do if he saw project Sam, lol and I'd LOVE to
have a half hour to pick Chuck's brain.

Use
>this as a good excuse to clean out all that spare electronic clutter in
>your
>garage, help out a really cool group, and take a weekend vacation to MI!

It's a nice area. I'll run the Teslathon for the weekend (Sat-Sun), and if
anyone wants to stay longer and help or tinker they are welcome. I can
supply people with directions, hotel reccomendations, etc.

Feel free to either email me, or call me at the lab at 616-349-7925 for
info. I'm in 7 days at about 1 or so, and stay there into the wee hours.

Not to
>mention see all the great tesla coil action!

and maybe even a dancing chinchilla! (Mark? can Kanga come be the mascot?)

duck

Christopher A. Boden Geek#1
President / C.E.O. / Alpha Geek
The Geek Group