Smallish toroid in the UK

Original poster: "Jason Petrou by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jasonp-at-btinternet-dot-com>

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had a smallish secondhand toroid, from an old
coil... I am looking for an aluminium one that is preferably not dented. I
thank about 6" by 14", nice and fat for my 6" by 30" former. I dont want it
mailed cos the darn postmen always drop things, so I would need to collect
it... also I dont want to pay too much but I will be very flexible with the
price

I know im asking a lot....

Jason

P.S. B&Q are now selling liitle cupboard doorknobs for 99p each. They are
perfectly spherical and totally un-fancy, and brass, and perfect for a
protective SG or even a topload for a tiny TC