Re: Top-load-less TC

Original poster: "albert hassick by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <uncadoc-at-juno-dot-com>

Hi Bart,  The "spring" is a natural year round flowing earth spring, it
is in the back acre of my house and it seemed a excellent place to sink a
Tesla ground since the earth is always moist in that area and the ground
is soft and facilitates easy placement of grounding electrodes.  The
primary tap is variable, and with this particular coil will vary between
turns #6 and #9 of tube, dependant upon the Ctop, which can vary from a
small 1/4" bolt with a toggle wing, to a large aluminum duct toroid.
There is always some form of Ctop upon the secondary, and it varies
between a small bolt/ aluminum pop cans, a 10" plastic hollow ball
covered with aluminum 'duct' tape, or a large aluminum duct toriod.  All
of these can be utilized to procure an equal size arc from the secondary
coil by fine tuning the primary coil for maximum arc regardless of the
topload.  Toploads are optional for this coil, which is why I am puzzled
by list members saying that a extreme toroid is conducive to maximum
output.  I have found that this is not the case at all.  Now either my
coil is an anomaly, or all coils can be tuned to give equal spark output
regardless of the topload.  Maybe a lot of list members just go by the
computer designed topload and never really experiment to see what a Tesla
can actually do with any given topload or no topload at all.  This is
what I am trying to determine.   Hey I am no expert, I am just reporting
my observations however clumsy they may seem.   Al.

msnip...