Re: Hello, delurk and question

Original poster: "Luc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ludev-at-videotron.ca>

Hi Frank

>From my experience this set-up put more energy in the coil than
they normally see in a car. You could try to run the coil under
oil. I don't live in europe but if on you 220 volt outlet you
have a live and a neutral normally you have 0 ohm between the
neutral and the ground if it's the case connect the neutral with
the "-" screw and put the dimmer between the live and the "+"
screw put some insulation on the "+" screw ( thick layer of
silicon or hot glue ) and you could ground the case of the IC.
Use the real rubber plug in the secondary out. If the coil is
properly load with an MMC, a gap or a JL it have less tendency to
arc to itself.

Hop I could help,
cheers,

Luc Benard

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Frank Van der Auwera by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <fvdauwer-at-uia.ua.ac.be>