RE: Re: Question:

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Hi Albert

I am guessing about the purple haze. In some way the failing of the NST's
secondary increases in the inductance in the primary circuit of the tesla
coil causing it to go out of resonance. But the secondary of the tesla coil
is still absorbing a lot of energy because of the increased inductance. The
purple haze is related to the non-resonance and the massive arcs to the high
energy absorption. I am not able to supply details at this time to my cloudy
picture.

Godfrey Loudner