Dumbing Down a Heavyweight

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Dear List,

Tonight I undertook the unhappy task of dumbing down
my 6" x 30" coil system. I simply can't tolerate the
constant hits to the walls and ceiling. The interior
of the garage is sheathed with plywood for heaven's
sake! Not to mention the electrical wiring running
through the studs. I'm just begging for a fire if I
keep it up. Reluctantly, I replaced my new 8" x 26"
pool toy toroid with the original 4" x 20" drainpipe
toroid and retuned. Predictably, the streamer length
decreased to about 60" average, although there seem to
be more of them. I didn't expect the color change
though. The shorter sparks are less intense and more
purplish instead of the hot, blue-white I'd become
accustomed to. After payday, I might try covering the
ceiling and the nearest wall with grounded chicken
wire. Until then, the beast must wear a muzzle. Too
bad.

Greg
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg