Re: Garage door opener protection

Hi Steve,

Depending on exactly how your opener is designed, one can often fairly easily
remove the electronic PC board from them.  The connections to the board are
usually connectors or connectors could be added.  Then you could just remove
the sensitive electronics board when you run your coil.

One should also look around for telephone, cable TV, and lawn sprinkler stuff
in the garage also.  Good idea to remove pressurized cans and flammable stuff
like the lawn mower gas can too...

Cheers,

        Terry