Re: 81" Continuous Arcs!

Hi Sam, All,

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Sam Barros by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<list-at-powerlabs-dot-org>

> At Tuesday, 12 June 2001, you wrote:
>
> >Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest.
> >net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>
>
> >Your not speaking out of turn. I know twin-coil sparklength has
> been looked at
> >this way per previous posts on the subject. I personally have difficulty
> >identifying sparklength potential because in a twin setup, there
> is quite a few
> >more mechanisms at work (i.e, potential differences, spark channel
> effects,
> >proximity effects, etc..).
> >
> >Here's a question I have. If say a 10kVa twin produces 20 foot arcs to
> >eachother. If the twin is seperated to 25 feet beyond their collective
> >potential, is each twin then still capable of 10 foot arcs?
>
>  In my experience, no. My Twin Tesla Coils always produce their longest
> arcs when they are able to connect; otherwise the sparks are actually
> smaller than for a single coil working at the same power level. More
> information at http://www.powerlabs-dot-org/coil2.htm
>
>  Sam Barros.
>  http://www.powerlabs-dot-org
>  "If at first you don't suceed, increase the amperage!"

This was my gut feeling last night when I asked the question. It's
interesting for the same power
level, the sparks are smaller when seperated than a single coil and longer
than a single coil
when connected. I guess the potential difference and spark channel effects
on one another effect
the length more than I realized. I wonder if the long arcs occur when a
positive and negative
streamer formation collide. Well, all speculation from me. The Geeks can
verify all this when
they build their twin and see if this is typical for twin setups (sounds
like it is).

Thanks all,
Bart Anderson