Re: First Light- Bad Results!

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <A123X-at-aol-dot-com>

Hey I'm 14 too, and I also think its cool that there are a bunch of us out
there. For some reason my small ignition coil powered TC doesn't have too
much improvement with a ground or not. The sparks are just a bit more
intense. It was a great intro to coiling but since then I've ran as much as
15/60 before it died. The sparks were nearly 3' but I really needed a bigger
topload. I'm currently planning a big MOT powered coil. I consider an NST
just as lethal as an MOT, I go by the rule I made up, "If I touch the wrong
thing I die." Talk to Henry Hallem about MOT's, he has a decent coil running
off them. Look for OBIT's and NST's first, they are very easy to use.

Mark