RE: FW: Updated JHCTES Ver 3.3

Original poster: "John H. Couture by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>

Bart -

Thank you for checking the JHCTES Ver 3.3 program. This is an empirical
program based on actual tests of real world coils. This info may have to be
updated. If the program does not match real world then I can easily change
it. I would be interested in how the program compares with real world coils
of all sizes of classical TC coils. I can then change the program to be more
accurate if necessary. It is my understanding that the other programs have
been checked with only a few coils.

It should be noted that tests for the mutual inductance and coupling factor
can be done by several different methods. Some methods are more accurate
than others. This means that the results of the tests will vary. Getting
tests and programs to match exactly is probably not realistic.

Note that the Ver 3.3 has an "x" dimension in the secondary inputs. This is
for secondary coils that are raised above the primary coil. The "x" is
limited to only plus values because minus values have little use for
classical coils.

John Couture