RE: easy tungsten source?

Original poster: "Ted Rosenberg by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Ted.Rosenberg-at-radioshack-dot-com>

Ralph: There have been several posts after the one you quote.
Yes, each donut (.59 diam by .5 tall with a .3 diam hole) will be bolted to
a assembly of copper caps and 1/2" ridged pipe about 2-3" long. Each tube,
seated side-by-side in a frame, and alternatingly facing each other so the
sparks jump from carbide to carbide, will be clamped into a routed slot in
opposite sides of the frame using the 1/4-20 bolt that goes through the
tube. And finally, a 6 x 6 fan will blow across all the tubes. <Man I WISH
we could attach photos here!!!>
I will proceed to build it and when done, I'll post a photo on my tesla
site.
or if you are interested now, I'll send you a JPG off list.

Safety First

Ted
===================================
Subject: Re: easy tungsten source?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 6/14/01 9:44:47 AM Central Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

<< Right now I am leaning towards mounting all 9 on 1/4-20 brass bolts, >>

Hi Ted,
The tungsten dies should make a neat SG. IMHO. If I recall correctly, you
wrote that the dies have a 1/4 inch hole thru them so a 1/4 - 20 brass bolt
sounds fine. I would suggest tho that you mount them with a much smaller
diam
screw, say 8-32, so each die has some wiggle room. This way you could easily

adjust the gap spacing which you won't be able to do with a close / tight
fitting 1/4 - 20. Use washers and jam nuts above and below
to clamp down on the dies. I have several copper sweat-coupling SGs using
this basic
mounting system. The copper pieces are easily adjusted and removable for
cleaning.

Happy day,
Ralph Zekelman