Sync vs. Async

Original poster: "Matt Shayka by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <flyboxboy-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hi All,

I am trying to build a rotory gap for my 1kw coil. Several people have told
me that I need a sync gap to keep my caps from dying because of
overcharging. I have SW caps right now and I'd have to push them to 40kV
before they show any sign of stress, so thats not a problem. But come 2
weeks from now I'm going to have a Geek MMC. Now I don't want this $60 MMC
to die because of my RSG. I need to know if I need exact BPS or real close
to it.

Soooooooo, Whats the difference?

The specs on my motor are as follows:

1725 RPM
1/4 HP
Itsa GE dryer motor

I calculated that flying electrodes will give me almost exactly 120BPS.

Thanks,
Matt Shayka