Tungsten

Original poster: "Bill Ackley by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <backley-at-satx.rr-dot-com>

Tungsten,  Atomic Wt.183.84,  Z = 74, 6th period and 6th series on the periodic
table of elements, its chemical symbol is W.  This is from the original ore
that tungsten was extracted from: Wolframnite. It was know for a while as
Wolfram in Germany before W.W.I. But, then they lost.... OOPS!
It has the one of the highest melting points of all metals.  And although they
do make lamp filaments out of tungsten, it proves to be intractable to the
equipment available to us DIY'ers.  Sigh, I would love to own a vacuum plasma
arc furnace, but alas the last one I saw priced out at $1,350,000.00
It is also so brittle it makes a good practice material for forming the new
high temp ceramic super conductors.  Sorry dude, that I could not offer more
hope.

Your fellow in RSG design & manufacture,

Mr. William [Bill Jon] Jon Ackley, Esq.
PS Feel free to gimmie a call...
<mailto:backley-at-satx.rr.con>backley-at-satx.rr.con
14410 Sir Barton
210-492-2553
San Antonio, TX 78248-1445