Re: Info On Tesla's Power Transmission Scheme

Hi Bart,
          For the benefit of all:

On 20 Jun 01, at 16:00, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

> Hi Malcolm,
>
> Tesla list wrote:
>
> > Original poster: "Malcolm Watts by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>
> >
> > Hi all,
> >          I can provide some information on the attempts to put this
> > into practice as alluded to on the list a month or two back. While I
> > was staying in Wading River LI, I checked through the rather meagre
> > vertical file in the local library for Tesla papers I hadn't read. I
> > ended up copying two of interest.
> >
> > *Aside* - I also got to see Tesla's Shoreham lab (all fenced off),
> > Tesla St. and the house where Tesla lived on LI - *End Aside*.
> >
> >       One paper deals with possible transmission modes for such a
> > scheme. I forget who it is written by but have it handy at home if
> > someone wants a reference.
>
> Yep, can you scan it or PDF it?

I will see what tools I have available. Scanning is not a problem but
making a pdf might be. I'll have a look and inform the list when
something is decided.

> > The second paper is written by our colleagues the Corums and it
> > would appear that it is they who are in the process of doing the
> > research mentioned by Bill Wysock (actually I found out several years
> > ago from the horse's mouth so to speak). This knowledge is now public
> > domain.
>
> It appears so.
>
> > I have in my possession a book which includes a paper written
> > by Toby Grotz outlining the scheme in more detail. This book was
> > kindly presented to me as a gift by Mark Barton who will be familiar
> > to some early list members and who I was most priveledged to meet at
> > LA while in transit.
> >
> > The research as outlined in Grotz's paper is to be done in four
> > steps, each successive step depending on results garnered in
> > implementing its predecessor. The fourth step is to investigate
> > commercial feasibility of the scheme. The basic idea appears to be to
> > charge an isolated capacitance (sphere and an extension of its
> > capacitance by an ion cloud) and then to thump the earth with it a
> > frequency of around 7-8Hz. Unless I am mistaken, this is a
> > fundamental Schumann Cavity mode and I think was referred to in the
> > paper.
>
> This is the range of the earths natural frequency; 7.5 Hz.
>
> > I recall (I will bring the paper in with me tomorrow to answer
> > any questions which may arise) that round trip loss figures for a
> > standing wave in this mode were claimed to be on the order of 6%
> > (again I will have to re-check). I suspect that there may be more to
> > this than is mentioned in the paper and I am going to hazard a
> > personal guess that one of the aims *might* be to cohere and
> > effectively make use of the energy flying around in this cavity due
> > to natural lightning. This is just a guess on my part however. Tesla
> > constantly talked about "free energy" available for use and this is
> > an obvious source of it.
>
> I agree. Colorado Springs itself comes to mind.

I have since been told that this is not in fact a part of the scheme.
It was just a guess on my part.

> > An interesting part of the scheme is the
> > method of charging the isolated sphere. It will apparently be done
> > using a single electrode X-ray tube of Tesla's design to create a
> > conductive channel and rectification to deliver charge from the Tesla
> > Coil to the sphere.
>
> I wonder why a Tesla Coil is used for the charing AC cycle? (hf, hv, ?)

Maybe to encourage an ion cloud extension of the sphere. Maybe also
as that was the best technology for the job he had at the time.

> > Another interesting detail mentioned by Grotz is that the
> > researchers will be using Robert Golka's coil at power levels around
> > 600kW. It doesn't take much nous to figure out that this power level
> > is hardly going to run a country - hence my (educated) guess that
> > natural energy channeling might be a part of the scheme.
>
> It's a good guess based on the information and takes on a scheme of
> superimposing earth generated
> energy. Australia being the true lightning capitol of the world, I'd expect
> testing may be occuring in
> your backyard.

Not as far as I know. I understand the research is being done in the
USA.

> > Anyway, I will bring both papers in with me so I can refer to
> > them if needs be. Pse note that I may have some of the details
> > muddled. In fact I meant to generate this post a few days ago and
> > forgot each day :
>
> Needs be! How can we get ahold of the papers online? I have the ability to
> scan and post if needed, but
> there are probably others nearer to you to do this.

I will post details of the book. There is nothing in the Corum's
paper that isn't covered there from memory.

> > BTW - I thoroughly enjoyed my stay in the US and developed a
> > great empathy with the country and people who lived in NY.
>
> Empathy = Identification with and understanding of another's situation,
> feelings, and motives.
> Also refered to as "pity" (really, it's true, check the dictionary).

Agree. I did use that word deliberately. It was sparked by something
my wife told me while I was there (she is a native of LI) and which
is off-topic for this list.

> > I did have to field a lot of queries about "which part of Australia are you
> > from?" though :)
> > And while I'm at it, I enjoyed a visit to Suzanne Gaeta's house
> > to see her coiling work and also spent a fair portion of a day with
> > John Freau who sent me packing with one of his home-spun toroids. My
> > thanks to both and to those I managed to phone while in the States
> > for making my stay a more memorable one.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Malcolm
>
> Malcolm, thanks for sharing this bit of information. I hope we here from
> Bill on this. It would be nice
> to get at least the ground work being done out into the public (TCML
> anyway). But, Bill may have signed
> a disclosure legally preventing him from speaking too much on the subject.
> If so, I for one understand.
>
> Take care,
> Bart

I'll do my best to pass on what I know. Watch this space.

Regards,
malcolm