Re: level shifter

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

The only protection I used was the RC filter shown in
the schematic. Oh, yeah, and safety gaps between the
filter and the Tesla coil. The diode strings are still
good to this day, so I suppose the filter & safety
gaps was adequate. I dunno what the output current is.
The DC comes out in 60Hz pulses, so I'm not sure how
to measure it. Just the MOTs alone, with no level
shifters, put out around 750ma AC in short circuit
condition. I used 47nF and got great results. You can
probably go quite a bit higher than that without
stressing the power supply any. 100nF would probably
kick some serious booty. Sorry I can't give you better
info. Good luck with the thing, and don't skimp on
your spark gap.

Greg
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg