Re: Secondary length question

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <A123X-at-aol-dot-com>

The suggested ratio for medium coils is 4:1 through 5:1 so like 16"-20" long
but that isn't an absolute necessity. People have made longer ones to keep
topload to primary or strike rail arcing down, a problem that may have kept
me from maximizing my 3" by 14" coil. I'm sure some other people on the list
will have more info.

Mark