Re: SRSG break rate

Original poster: "Yurtle Turtle by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <yurtle_t-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Try a vac gap similar to mine at
http://www.geocities-dot-com/yurtle_t/tesla/gap.htm
I've used it with pig power and it works great. It
makes a HUGE difference over my other static gaps at
higher powers. At lower powers, it didn't make as much
difference. I actually had better luck at 15/60 using
my srsg's.

Good luck
Adam

>  I've tried all
> conceivable combinations of adjusting the tap point,
> toroid size, static
> gap spacing and primary-secondary coupling, and
> can't seem to get it
> past 3.5 foot streamers.
>
> 	- Bill Vanyo
>

> > Now the
> > energy is gone, and the cap is charged up again
> from the negative
> > peak, and then the gap fires, and the energy is
> used up again.
> > >From the point of view of the cap, it may as well
> be charged with
> > DC, and it can be considered that way.  Each
> firing is a separate
> > event.  If the gap firing was delayed so that the
> cap was discharged
> > and recharged to the other polarity before the gap
> fired, then what
> > you're saying would be true, but a coil doesn't
> work that way.
> > The gap must fire when the cap is fully or mostly
> fully charged
> > to a peak voltage.
> >
> > I usually just phase up my sync gaps at low power
> using a variac,
> > then raise the power level gradual, rephasing
> along the way.  Some
> > sort of mechanical or electrical phase controller
> is helpful.  My
> > electrical phase shifter circuit can be seen at my
> website.
> >
> > John

=====
Adam Minchey