Induction coils

Original poster: "Kurt Schraner by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <k.schraner-at-datacomm.ch>

Hi all,

my coiler-friend Andi like to operate a TC from his induction coil, and
myself would like to build one from scratch, having accessed lately some
stuff to do it. But I have no in depth theory for designing a BIG one.
Andi's inductor can be seen on my webpage at:

http://home.datacomm.ch/k.schraner/andis_induktor.htm

I'm aware about the number of texts, which can be seen at:

http://people.clarityconnect-dot-com/webpages2/arcsandsparks/reprintpage.html#HVPA

...but I would like an independent opinion from list members. Is there
any text, I should prefer to buy, or any good literature about the
subject elsewere? - BTW: I'm not so much interested in getting a
recipe-style text, like "How to build your first induction coil" (I own
some of those :-) ), than a text on design principles and formulae,
which can integrated in a design procedure. Solid-state interruptors, as
used for automotive induction coils, are of interest (possibly in a more
powerful version), but classic interruptors, like the Wehnelt or
Wagner's hammer, as well. The main focus of my question, however, is the
design of the coil itself.

'Cause of the somehow off-topic nature of the subject, you might reply
off-list.

Kurt Schraner