Tesla coil tank circuit based on cap discharge through an SCR

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Fucian-at-aol-dot-com>

Hi, has anyone ever made a tesla coil based on  a SCR and a power
capacitor?Im aware of the ignition coils but I want a TRUE tesla style
type.Maybe a 555 timer IC that triggers an SCR?I know it would have a slow
break rate but this would allow much more current to be drawn.

Matt