Re: Skin effect question

Original poster: "Charles Hobson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <charles.a.hobson-at-btinternet-dot-com>

----- Original Message -----
From: Tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2001 4:17 AM
Subject: Skin effect question

> Original poster: "Jason Petrou by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<jasonp-at-btinternet-dot-com>

> Hi all
>
> Bit of a dumb question... but here I go...
>
> TCs operate at high frequencies... so the electrical impulses are not able
> to be felt by nervous system. The current output of corona is not high
> enough to cause your heart to do... wierd stuff. Theoretically could you
> take arcs from a TC to a metal object in your hand, as long as you weren't
> grounded... yes? I say this because obviously a power arc (complete
topload
> capacitor discharge) will kill you... but will the pansy liitle air
> streamers do the same thing? My theory would lead me to believe not.. but
> dont really wanna try it out :)
>
> Jason

Hi Jason,

The only dumb question is the one never asked.  I don't truly know the
answer to your question about the lethal aspects of Tesla coil discharges so
I look at it this way. I have only one body and don't want to waste it
trying to find out. That's probably why I am still around at 74 years old.

A similar question came up on the list recently, and there were some pretty
strong responses to any foolish and  needless tempting of fate around a
Tesla Coils. They certainly convinced me that both RF and non RF electricity
is dangerous and will cause permanent physical damage!

Nice to see your inputs on the Tesla list again Jason

Chuck