From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2001 8:33 AM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Working with Plexiglas

Original poster: "Luc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<ludev-at-videotron.ca>

Hi Greg

If I want a strait cut I use a really sharp carbite blade with
many tooth and I push the plexi fast. I never try it but if you
want a curve cut you need a jigsaw but try the old machinist
trick just 2 tooth is need on the thickness of the material when
you cut; for 1/4", 8 tooth by inch on your blade, sharp tooth,
this way you will go fast and the plexi do not have the time to
melt. If you have to much problem try liquid coolant ( put a
track of pure water on the line you cut or maybe soapy water ) a
little sanding that's it. I saw before a guy use a propane torch
to finish the edge like a mirror, I try it but don't have a good
result It's probably take a lot of practice.

Hop I could help,
Cheers,

Luc Benard

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>