RE: building primaries

Original poster: "Ted Rosenberg by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Ted.Rosenberg-at-radioshack-dot-com>

Peter: You're suggestion makes sense. At that time I was in a big learning
mode. And I learned "there has got to be a better way." Thanks. I'll follow
this suggestion for the next, a convertible 1800/2700 watter.

Safety First <and No Blisters>

Ted

-------------------------------
Subject: RE: building primaries

Original poster: "Peter Lawrence by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<Peter.Lawrence-at-Sun-dot-com>

Ted,
    your big mistake was nailing your HDPE forms onto the base before
threading the copper through them.

1. bend the copper tubing into the spiral shape first, then
2. thread the HDPE spacers onto the spiral, then
3. mount the HDPE spacers onto the base board.

I've made about 10 primaries this way with everything from #14 wire to 1/4"
tubing. This method works.

-Peter Lawrence.