Re: Papers from Oberbeck and Drude shipped

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Marco Denicolai wrote:

> Antonio and Jim, if one of you has got time for attempting the
> translation (even if approximate) that's very good. I think the paper
> from Drude (50 pages) contains quite much unnecessary math and several
> of its sections can be skipped.

If someone who really knows technical German (from 1900...) tries the
translation, this would be great. I can verify if the theory comes out
correctly.
About how to make available the paper in the web, I recommend the
djvu format (www.djvu-dot-com), that was specially developed for scanned
documents, and is very convenient. The encoder program is quite slow,
however. Don't try it without a fast computer and lots of memory.
Jpg is ok too, but results in more than 100 kbytes per page and only
readable quality. Djvu produces much better texts at about 20 kbytes per
page.

Thank you for the papers.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz