Re: Small coil frequency sweeps - 3

Hi Ed,

At 04:56 PM 3/6/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>Tesla list wrote:
>>
>> Original poster: "Terry Fritz" <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>
>>
>> Hi Ed,
>>
>> Series...  Should I do it in the parrallel case?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>>         Terry
>
>	No, series should be the way to go for a wide-band sweep, PROVIDED your
>generator source resistance is much lower than the total effective
>series resistance of the rest of the circuit.

The wideband amp as very low sorce resistance (<1 ohm).

>Really puzzled at the rise
>in current at the high frequency in your tests, as maximum current
>should occur at resonance, and as you go up in frequency the reactance
>of the primary inductance should cause the current to fall off.

I was probably going well beyond the amp's and test box's range.  In
retrospect, I would take data above 1 MHz with a big grain of salt since
the equipment does not work up there well.

>	Did you monitor the generator voltage for flatness?

Yep!  It did have a few little "tiks" at resonance but not significant.

Cheers,

	Terry