Re: All pain no gain

Original poster: "Bill Parn by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <parn-at-starpower-dot-net>

----- Original Message -----
From: Tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2001 5:55 PM
Subject: RE: All pain no gain

> Original poster: "Garry Freemyer by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <garry-at-ndfc-dot-com>

> I remember something in a ham radio magazine about using coaxal cable with
> disk capacitor at each end accross the center wire and shield to prevent
the
> cable from acting like a transmitting antenna and using this as an RF
ground
> for a ham rig.
>
> I wonder if something like this could be applied to ground a tesla coil.

Sounds like a cool experiment, the capacitance would be like a shock
absorber and would definately change the tuning of the sweet spot.  Wonder
if the rubbery ground would improve spark length or decrease it.  Probably
would
decrease it somwhat from a solid earth ground however would more than likely
get
a different kind of spark that would still make for some awesome pictures.