Whatizit??

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Hi All...

I recieved some hi volt parts from Ebay and along with those parts was an
object that i have no idea
about. It looks as if it is made for hi voltage but the tests performed on
it provided no info.

It has no resistance between the 2 connect points, it doesnt register as a
cap, and it also doesnt
behaive as a diode. The only thing I can think of is that it may be some
type of spark gap.

It has a smallish toriod looking device on top with a 8/32 threaded post
down inside the middle, the
main case is glazed ceramic with a stainless steel mounting plate on the
base. the bottom is slightly
inset with a "wire" attached to the base. It looks like this thing is
capable of holding off about
25KV or so.

I have placed 2 pics of it on my webpage...

http://members.telocity-dot-com/~bigfoo39/

http://members.telocity-dot-com/~bigfoo39/whatizit.html

its listed on the tesla page at the bottom

Scot D