Re: An couple of interesting observations and an idea.

Original poster: "David Trimmell by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <davidt-at-pond-dot-net>

Hello,

At 05:10 PM 3/9/01, Tesla list wrote:
>Original poster: "Jim Lux by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
><jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net>
>

>here's another idea: build a small aspirator that blows a fine stream of
>aluminum powder (available from big paint supply places as pigment)

I have to intervene here. This IS NOT a very good idea, not unless you know
precisely what you are doing. Fine Al is VERY flammable. For those who DO
know what they are doing see: http://www.skylighter-dot-com for the Al powder,
they cater to "legitimate" Pyro folks (including hobbyist).

Colored sparks from TC's are not that easy, unless you are using a gas as
argon, neon, etc. But I would be interested in any (colored)spark SFX's
folks have done (Off list as this may push Terry)?

Regards,

David Trimmell