MOTS (i'm new at this) where do they fit in?

Original poster: "Robert Hughes by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <rfhughes-at-epix-dot-net>

I was wondering about this. I'm thinking about building a small
coil, possibly 1 foot-1 1/2 foot secondary. and was wondering where I
would put a MOT if I decided to.(never tried this) Basiclly where would
one or two fit in the system. Do they replace the neon sign transformer
or what?