Re: A primary concern...

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>

Hi Scot,
         I think you have emphatically shown why it is not a good
idea to ground any mains connected eqpt. to the RF ground. ALL amins
connected equipment should be earthed to the mains earth since it
provides the lowest impedance back to the grounded neutral wire.
Sorry to hear about your variacs. Others out there take note.

Regards,
Malcolm