Correspondance with OWLandegren - Dented Toroids

Hi Guys,
Here's my latest letter to OWL.  I mailed this one to the President,
Vice-Pres, and info.  Please respond to me if you are one of the people
waiting on a new toroid.  I would prefer to start handling this off list
since it is only important to a small group of us (maybe 10 out of 700 on
TCML?).

Thanks,
Ross-O

-------------------

Dear O.W. Landergren,

Please respond with the status of my order.  I'm one of the unfortunate
individuals whose toroid was damaged during shipping.  I promptly contacted
you and was advised returned the toroid for a replacement.  My toroid was
returned around the middle of December.  Since no one contacted me, I phoned
in weekly status checks trying to determine when I could expect my new
toroid.  Each time I was told that you guys were waiting on everyone to
return the damaged toroids.  Finally I received word that all the damaged
toroids were back and a work order had been placed for new toroids.

About a month after you mentioned that new ones were to be made (1/16/01), I
sent an email to info-at-owlandergren-dot-com requesting the status of the order.
Six days later I received a response from Mark Pratt stating that the
expected ship date was 2/20/01.  Well, the month of February ended with no
new toroid or any contact from OWLandergren revising the expected shipping
date.

So, I mailed Mr Pratt on 3/3/01 once again asking for the status of the
order.  It has now been a full week with no response...

You guys do beautiful work and undoubtedly employ the finest craftsmen in
the metal spinning trade.  The OWLandergren Administrative Assistants that I
have spoken with on the phone were courteous and knowledgeable.  I can't
figure out why I, along with many of my friends, are getting such terrible
customer service on this order.  We are understanding folks - we have no
problems with long lead times or even the occasional slipped deadline.  We
do expect companies put forth the effort to contact us and keep us "in the
loop" when deadlines are missed or accidents happen (like poor packing).

I look forword to your response.  I will forward your response to all of the
other people who are also eagerly waiting on replacement toroids so you can
adress all of us simply by replying to me.

Regards,
Ross Overstreet
15107 Wells Port Dr
Austin TX 78728