Re: Modular Secondary

Original poster: "Dr. Duncan Cadd by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <dunckx-at-freeuk-dot-com>

Hi Terry, All!

>Original poster: "Terry Fritz" <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>
>
>Hi Duncan,

<snips>

>The paper is also fairly easy to read.

Having spent many an hour in the past wondering why I was reading
various academic papers, I agree with and do appreciate that!  But I
concur with what Jim Lux said, some of the stuff which appears on your
site, Paul's site and others is _equally_ worthy of publication in
professional journals.  The problem no doubt is finding the cash to do
it.  Unless you can interest a university in giving you a research
degree for it, then they'll pay the publication costs :-)

>The paper is not exactly an infallible source of TC info, but they
did a pretty
>good job with what they had.  We must remember that many of the
"experts" were
>working with coils since before these people were born...  What is
really great
>is that they appeared to have learned a great deal and had a ton of
fun with
>their project!!

 - and exposed some part of academia to the serious study of TCs in
the process.  Things can only improve, for which I should give the
authors due credit.

OK, I'm just a miserable, windging, pernickety, pedantic, middle-aged
academic git who needs to lighten up a little ;-)

Uh-oh, better mind my ps and qs or the list moderator will be after
me.

Dunckx