Re: MOTS what else could i use

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

A neon sign transformer (NST) is the easiest thing to
use.  NSTs are pretty common on e-bay.  Prices are
tolerable.  A car ignition coil can power a very small
Tesla coil.  For a bigger coil, a couple of MOTs can
be pressed into service, although I wouldn't want to
run such a coil inside the house!  I have a design for
a powerful 12KVDC supply based on two MOTs with two
voltage doublers.  When engergized with this supply,
my 4" x 24" tesla coil made frantic 48" to 60"
streamers.  See my web page for details.  The article
is under the heading of "High Voltage Power Supplies".
You can find a similar article on Marco Denicolai's
web site.

Best Regards,
Greg
www.angelfire-dot-com/ga3/tesla