Re: R.A. Ford (book)?

Original poster: "Jim Lux by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net>

<Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

> In a message dated 3/14/01 12:49:47 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:
> >
> > Anyway. I would love to get my hands on that table, to see if that
works.
> > He's calculating a coil to run on a specific frequency in that chapter.
> >
> > If anyone has that book or that table, could I get a scan. copy. email
> > whatever of it??
> >

> CRC 34th Ed. is from 1952. In the 36th edition (1954) the table is on
pages
> 2973-75. By 1974 the table had been dropped from the handbook since by
then
> any 5-function calculator could reproduce the data. The table does not
give
> specific values for L  and C, but only for the product ( L x C) You can
> generate this table in any spreadsheet using the same formula they did:
> wavelength=1884 x sqrt(LC)   freq=300,000,000/wavelength (in meters), L in
> microhenries, C in microfarads.

Just to be a bit picky.. If you are using Excel, you can get better
computational precision (and what's more important, eliminate some "magic
constants") by doing:

Frequency = 1/( 2 * PI() * sqrt(L * C))