Re: R.A. Ford (book)?(update)

Original poster: "ebyng by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <ebyng-at-netlimit-dot-com>

Wait a min.......

Ok, heres the problem with that........

The actual chapter/quote is :

Assume that the target frequency = 400 kilocycles

Using the formulas for the L-C values, 400 Kcycles has a value of 0.1583
for the product L-C where L is in microhenries and C is in microfarads.....
the inductance L in microhenries is approx given as
L= a2nd x n2nd/8a + 11w
where W = width of coil
A = average radius in inches as measured from the middle of the primary to
the center of the secondary.
N = number of turns in the primary coil.......

then, if L = 61.5 microhenries

C = 0.1583/61.5

and C will = 0.0026 microfarads.

Okayyy, so thats the reprint, cut into small sections.

so what he's trying to do is find capacitance that will create a frequency
of about 400 Kc.

So if your solving to find capacitance, you cant use
wavelength=1884 x sqrt(LC)   freq=300,000,000/wavelength (in meters), L in
microhenries, C in microfarads.

because you dont have a specific capacitance(yet).

I can see how you would reverse engineer this to find the frequency that
your coil is running at, but how does this way work???
Thanks