Re: good MMC? (different than first)

Original poster: "Kurt Schraner by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <k.schraner-at-datacomm.ch>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Bill Vanyo by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<vanyo-at-echoes-dot-net>

> > Well, I see that Terry has already explained why you
> > can't use ceramic disc caps for Tesla duty. Now, re-
> > garding your question about cap values. 1000 pF =
> > 1 nanoFarad (nF) and 1000 nF = 1 microFarad (uF)
> > so, 1,000,000 pF = 1 uF
> >
> > David Rieben
>
> And an occasional source of confusion for me is that 1000 uF
> (microfarad) = 1 millifarad (mF), although "mF" is often seen being used
> to abbreviate microfarad.
>
>         -  Bill

The "mF" confusion is probably generated by formatting in
different font, relative to the original text: if the letter "m"
is formatted into the equivalent greek letter (i.e. in the
"symbol" font), it will show as the greek "mu", which would be
correct for "micro"(-farad, or anything else). - Me too have been
wondering many times about the millifarad confusion, before
noticing this.

Kurt Schraner