Re: inaccuracies, was Airtight Coil form

In a message dated 3/15/01 7:15:24 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> First off I would like to thank everyone for heir responses to this question
>  on the coil form needing to be airtight.  Apparently I had picked up some
>  bad information that created this question.
>
>  I think that Gary Lau has a point that there are many Tesla websites, but
>  not all are accurate in the info they provide.  Being new to coiling, it's
>  not always easy for me to discern the accuracy of information.  But I am
>  learning and I think the decision to join this list will be a great help in
>  getting good information.
>
>  Thanks again,
>
>  Mark Stolz
>  Houston, TX

Mark, all,

Yes, Gary made a very good point in mentioning that their are
inaccuracies at a lot of websites.  There are also a great number
of inaccuracies in many books about Tesla coils.  I don't want to
be critical, but just want to say that coilers should be both
skeptical and open-minded at the same time, about everything
they hear, read, and see, about Tesla coils.  Skeptical to realize
the info may be wrong.  Open-minded to realize it may be right,
and to search for more info before being sure.  Often wrong
conclusions are formed as a result of doing poorly conceived
experiments.

I can appreciate the plight of the newbie who has to sort through
all the conflicting info out there.  This list is great.  Welcome
to the list.

John Freau