PFC Question

Original poster: "Duke, Ronn (CCI-San Diego CCC) by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Ron.Duke-at-cox-dot-com>

Hello fellow coilers,

I have been monitoring the list for awhile, and I haven't seen this question
come up , so I figured I would ask it. The 14/300 SNT that I rewound
recently has dual primaries with a PFC cap of 4.3uf. (that's what came with
the transformer, I'm using the original primary.) It draws about 28 line
amps at 125v input. Here is my question: Could I reduce the input line draw
further by adding an external PFC cap on the inputs of the transformer?  Is
it possible? All you transformer Guru's out there, belly up to the bar.

Thanks for all your help.

Keep on Coilin'

Sparky