Re: Triggered spark gaps for coils

Original poster: "bob golding by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <yubba-at-clara-dot-net>

Hi Mark, all,
    How about triggering the gap from  a _small_ sync rotary. The power
could come from the main
transformer dropped thu a resistor to a suitable voltage. that way one
could have the advantage of
phase control and offset electrodes. It might last a bit longer than an
electronic sytem, and be easy
to adjust. If you did not want to use a resistor one of those pulse
transformers used in most computer
monitors to generate the ht might work. Plenty to ponder here.

cheers
bob golding

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Metlicka Marc by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>