Re: Coherer experiments

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Terry Fritz" <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>
>
> Hi Antonio,
>
> Tesla used Coheres in Colorado Springs.  You design is what I have always
> heard of too.  However, I think fine nickle filings are usually used.  They
> detect the sharp initial wildly noisy gap firing when the gaps internal
> capacitance is suddenly shorted.  I am not sure how they would work with
> say a CW coil...
>
> Cheers,
>
>         Terry

	Coherer's take around 2 to 10 volts for operation (much less than that
needed to excite a neon lamp), and I'm sure such a voltage could be
received in the coherer circuit at a range of several feet.

Ed