Re: Coherer experiments

Original poster: "Mark Fergerson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <mfergerson1-at-home-dot-com>

  Hi Carlos, all:

  The need for a "tube tapper" could easily be met with one of those
neat, tiny "buzzers" scavenged from a "dead" cellphone (basically tiny
DC motors with an eccentric weight crimped to the shaft). It could be
set to run from a button Lithium cell (which will operate the buzzer
for around ten minutes continuously) soldered to the leads and the
assembly epoxied to the coherer tube. There's the possibility of
aliasing as the buzzer might decohere the tube while it's trying to
cohere, but a small potentiometer in the circuit should help avoid
that.

  I don't think the magnetic fields from the motor should interfere
with the operation of the coherer, but you might want to check with no
HV nearby.

  Sounds like fun for those interested in TC "radio" experimentation.

  Mark L. Fergerson

> Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>