RE: HV going to DC (fwd)

Original poster: Tesla List Moderator <mod1-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 15:45:34 -0500
From: "Tuite, Tom" <TTuite-at-ALLEGROMICRO-dot-com>
To: 'Tesla list' <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: RE: HV going to DC

I am new to coiling so double and triple check everything I say, I am
probably wrong :)  Anyway, your first step should probably be to use a diode
(make sure its a beefy one) to "clamp" off either the positive or negative
cycles from your power supply.  This will give you "humps" of one polarity
or another if looked at with an O-scope.  Then, you could try maybe having
some type of charging/filtering circuit to flatten out the "humps" and then
filter out the remaining noise?  This could possibly be cap driven if you
could figure out the right charging/discharging rates and a good filter to
go with.  Hmmm, with that said maybe it would be more economic to just buy a
commercial HV power converter?  As I said, newbie here, so you probably want
to seek out second opinions :)

T. Tuite