Re: It's alive... now what?? (fwd)

Original poster: Tesla List Moderator <mod1-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 20:56:13 -0600
From: BunnyKiller <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>
To: Tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: It's alive... now what??

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Robert Hughes by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <rfhughes-at-epix-dot-net>
>
> Ok I fired our coil tonite... 3 times ... first time the saftey gap and
> spark gap fired... ok so we seperated the saftey gap a little more...
> try #2 spark gap bridged constantly... fixed that and #3... Spark gap
> just wouldnt fire... another thing about the toroid... it's 3ft long
> dryer hose wrapped in foil tape... would that be large enough/small
> enough to break out on a 3-4 ft secondary... also about the capacator...
> I filled it with pedialyte about 4 inches deep... is this ok...
>
> Many questions so little time...
> Mike Hughes
>
> P.S. -not bad for a bunch of 13-14 year olds eh???

Hi Mike...

ummmmm Pedialyte?   the stuff used for infant drinks????   capacitors use oil as an insulator...
unless you made a saltwater cap with this stuff

do tell us more about your cap and other hardware you are using  and please be a bit more specific
,, we need accurate measures to determine what may be wrong/right with your system.

Scot D