RE: Questions, Questions... (fwd)

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-compaq-dot-com>

It depends on what you want to do with it.  If you are using it to cover an
unpotted NST, then yes, melted vasoline works very well, and I've used it in
my NST.  Guaranteed never to leak or drip.  I would recommend it over
mineral or any other oil for that reason alone.

If you are talking about using it to cover rolled poly caps, then I woundn't
recommend it the vasoline.  Mineral oil, despite the mess, is the better
choice.  But then, I wouldn't recommend building rolled poly caps to anyone.

Gary Lau
Waltham, MA USA